|This site is also known as Skargell Wheel. It was built as a cutler's wheel, by Warren Skargell (or Skargill) just before 1631. It was still in use for cutlery grinding in 1830, when William Bartin was the tenant. By 1850, the wheel had closed down.
The site is now occupied by Millhouses Park boating lake. The weir survives and part of an arched overflow or tail-goit can be seen in the river bank below the pool.