|This site was also known as Millhouses Corn Mill, a corn mill was in use here in about 1280. It continued to be operated as a corn mill throughout its working life.
A steam engine had been installed by 1828 although water power was still used up to 1855. Millhouses Corn Mill was operating until about 1940.
The mill buildings without the equipment have been preserved in good order and have been used by the City Recreation Department as a store.
A large weir survives next to the childrens playground in Millhouses Park. The pond occupied the area which now forms a car park and cricket pitch.