|This mill was being used, at least partly, for cutlery making in 1496. It may have been a corn mill originally. By 1591 it was being used to manufacture scythes. The site had two wheels in 1749.
The last remaining water wheel stopped working in 1891. The dam was filled in by 1956.
Two bungalows have been built on the site of the dam. Part of the the retaining wall can be seen along the lane down to the three cottages which have been built from the works buildings. A row of garages has been built along the line of the tail goit.
The row of cottages can be seen from the entrance to the car park of a new Supermarket.