|The site had a water wheel in 1709, but may have been in use under a different name much earlier.
One of two wheels was being used for scythe grinding in 1777.
In 1789 there was a forge on the site. The last record of water power being used on the site is in 1901. The dam and works have been built over and no traces remain. The site is now occupied by a steel tool making works.
The weir which used to serve the dam can still be seen in the River Sheaf.