|In the 17th Century, this was a paper mill. By 1839 it had been converted into a scythe forge. It continued to operate as a scythe works until 1891.
In 1891, the site was converted by Joshua Tyzack into a farm (Avenue Farm). The visible remains are:
the stone-overflow shuttle from the upper dam;
the lower dam, which has been cut in two by a farm track;
a channel which fed water from the wheel back into a stream.
The tilt shop and buildings were rebuilt as barns, one of them shows the date 1901. These have been recently restored as stables.